Current and prospective undergraduate students interested in the French major/minor or the Italian minor are encouraged to meet with an advisor from the Humanities Academic Service Center (HAS). HAS Center advisors can discuss admission, registration, placement, declaring a major, graduation, academic and career planning, and personal issues affecting academic progress.
Make an advising appointment with a HAS Advisor here. Advisors are available for virtual, in-person, and phone appointments through the HAS Office in A-002 Padelford Hall. HAS responds to student inquiries on FIS courses, registration, credit issues, and the French and Italian placement tests.
For general assistance from Department of French & Italian Studies main office you may email email@example.com or call the FIS main line (206) 616-3486 from 8:30-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Humanities Academic Services Center Contact Information
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Number: 206-543-2634
The physical HAS offices are in Padelford Hall - you can find us on the Plaza Level (PL) of Padelford Hall’s A-wing. We’ve put full details on how to find our office online, but we recommend using the primary building entrance for A-wing: this is the double-door entrance closest to Hall Health, across the street from the Husky Union Building.Padelford Hall, A-Wing Suite 002Box 354330, University of WashingtonSeattle, WA 98195-4330
Advising Quick Links
- French & Italian Placement Tests
- Projected Courses for the Academic Year
- Current FRENCH & ITAL Courses
- Departmental Registration Policies
- French Major Requirements
- French Minor Requirements
- Italian Minor Requirements
- ACCESS Student Guidelines and Policy
- Foreign Language Education and Career Opportunities
- FIS Grading Scale
- Graduate Reading Tests in French & Italian
- Honors Program
- Obtaining a Teaching Certificate
- Writing@UW: Writing Requirements & Support