Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
More Than Languages
Discover the cultural and artistic history of Rome, French translation theory, Les Misérables, and eighteenth-century France through digital archives and tools.Featured Courses
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
French Alumna Kelsey Jackson Recognized for Master's Research: "Facilitating bilingual perception and prediction using gender-specific stimuli: An infant eye-tracking study"
Kelsey Jackson, (class of 2013) a French and Psychology double major recently completed her Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology Research Methods at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England and acheived distinction for her original research project.Read more
News & Events
- Albert Sbragia, Translation of The Maximalist Novel: From Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow to Roberto Bolaño's 2666, by Stefano Ercolino.
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un Buon Affare - Italian for Business
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un buon affare – Italian for Business
- Louisa Mackenzie, "Don’t Panic: The Unknowability of Early Modern Nature"
- Maya Smith, Using Interconnected Texts to Highlight Culture in the Foreign Language Classroom