Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
More Than Languages
Discover the political and social evolutions of France from the Renaissance through the early 19th-century, global French cinema, classic works of Italian theater, the world of Proust, or the cultural and artistic history of Rome.Featured Courses
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Studies the evolution of Italian postwar society through the analysis of film and literature as well as critical, historical, and sociological readings. Learn more
For the Love of Rome
Italian Studies alumnus Ian Platou loves Rome. “It is probably the most unique city in the world” he says. The passion of the Italian people is unique and “you feel it everywhere you go” he says, from the fans cheering in Rome’s Stadio Olimpico to the restaurant owner thanking you for your business.Read more
News & Events
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Les lecteurs du Mercure Galant. Trois aperçus."
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, Looking for Readers in Early Modern France, 1500-1800: Forum. French Historical Studies 41, 3 (August 2018).
- Beatrice Arduini, Antonio Manetti
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"
- Beatrice Arduini, Invective and Emotional Tones in Dante's Convivio
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, Senegal Abroad