Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
More Than Languages
Discover the cultural and artistic history of Rome, French translation theory, Les Misérables, and eighteenth-century France through digital archives and tools.Featured Courses
Introduction to Italian culture focusing on fashion and manners from the late Middle Ages to today. Explores common assumptions about nation, gender, clothes, make-up, and manners, through literary and visual analysis. In English. Offered: jointly... Learn more
Congratulations 2018 Graduates!
French and Italian Studies graduates and their families gathered with staff and faculty in the Simpson Center on June 8th to celebrate the culmination of their time at the UW.Read more
News & Events
- Albert Sbragia, Translation of The Maximalist Novel: From Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow to Roberto Bolaño's 2666, by Stefano Ercolino.
- Giuseppe Leporace, Hospital Series: Amelia Rosselli
- French Thinking About Animals, edited by Louisa Mackenzie and Stephanie Posthumus.
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un buon affare – Italian for Business
- Louisa Mackenzie, French Thinking About Animals
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"