Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
More Than Languages
Discover the cultural and artistic history of Rome, French translation theory, Les Misérables, and eighteenth-century France through digital archives and tools.Featured Courses
Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
Introduction to Italian culture focusing on fashion and manners from the late Middle Ages to today. Explores common assumptions about nation, gender, clothes, make-up, and manners, through literary and visual analysis. In English. Offered: jointly... Learn more
Italian Club Cooks Dinner for the Families at the Ronald McDonald House
On November 30th members of the Italian Club and French & Italian Studies adviser Sabrina Tatta cooked a healthy and delicious Italian meal for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.Read more
News & Events
- Albert Sbragia, Translation of The Maximalist Novel: From Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow to Roberto Bolaño's 2666, by Stefano Ercolino.
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un Buon Affare - Italian for Business
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Les lecteurs du Mercure Galant. Trois aperçus."
- Giuseppe Leporace, Hospital Series: Amelia Rosselli
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un buon affare – Italian for Business
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"