More Than Languages
Discover the political and social evolutions of France from the Renaissance through the early 19th-century, global French cinema, classic works of Italian theater, the world of Proust, or the cultural and artistic history of Rome.Featured Courses
Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Digital archives and tools offer new resources for studying French and Francophone culture, literature, and history, and have transformed the way to learn about these materials. Takes advantage of... Learn more
News & Events
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, Looking for Readers in Early Modern France, 1500-1800: Forum. French Historical Studies 41, 3 (August 2018).
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Les lecteurs du Mercure Galant. Trois aperçus."
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, Senegal Abroad
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, “The Journal Rappé: ‘Edutaining’ the Youth through Senegalese Hip-Hop.”
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"
- Beatrice Arduini, Antonio Manetti