Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
More Than Languages
Discover the political and social evolutions of France from the Renaissance through the early 19th-century, global French cinema, classic works of Italian theater, the world of Proust, or the cultural and artistic history of Rome.Featured Courses
Best-selling novel of all time, the world’s most famous novel. Les Miz has been translated into twenty-two languages, and there have been sixty films adaptations, comic books... Learn more
News & Events
- Louisa Mackenzie, French Thinking About Animals
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, Senegal Abroad
- Giuseppe Leporace, Hospital Series: Amelia Rosselli
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, Looking for Readers in Early Modern France, 1500-1800: Forum. French Historical Studies 41, 3 (August 2018).
- French Thinking About Animals, edited by Louisa Mackenzie and Stephanie Posthumus.