Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, or Nantes.Study Abroad
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
More Than Languages
Discover the political and social evolutions of France, Dante’s Divine Comedy, the relationship between language and cultural identity, human and machine translation, and the cultural history of Italy and the Francophone world.Featured Courses
Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Throughout the course, which spans from the French Revolution to the present day, we will examine how the idea of France is problematized internally by a number of tensions:... Learn more
Funded Canadian Studies Study Abroad Programs
The UW Canadian Studies Center presents two fantastic, FUNDED study abroad programs to Canada that are open to all undergraduate students and are still accepting applications through the end of this month!Read more
News & Events
- Louisa Mackenzie, Sustainability
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, “The Journal Rappé: ‘Edutaining’ the Youth through Senegalese Hip-Hop.”
- Maya Angela Eipe Smith, “Multilingual Texts and Contexts: Inclusive Pedagogies in the French Foreign Language Classroom”
- Beatrice Arduini, Dante's Convivio: The Creation of a Cultural Icon.
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, Reading Exercises. French Literature in the Classroom.
- Louisa Mackenzie, Devenir non-binaire en français contemporain, ed. Louisa Mackenzie and Vinay Swamy.