Careers in French & Italian
Our alumni find their language skills in demand in a global economy. They embark on careers in tech, teaching, marketing, and more.Alumni Profiles
Immerse Yourself in a New Culture
Experience cultural immersion and perfect your language skills with one of our study abroad programs in Rome, Québec City, Paris, Nantes, or Martinique.Study Abroad
Discover the Path to a New Language and New Perspectives
Enjoy small class sizes and a rich, interdisciplinary curriculum with one of our major or minor programs.Undergraduate Programs
More Than Languages
Discover the cultural and artistic history of Rome, French translation theory, Les Misérables, and eighteenth-century France through digital archives and tools.Featured Courses
Environmental Humanities, Sociolinguistics, Media and Technology
Our research exemplifies the best of contemporary interdisciplinary humanistic study.Research & Publications
Focuses entirely on the development of oral production skills, listening comprehension skills and vocabulary expansion, through the use of audio-visual documents as well as texts. Using a task-based approach, achieves a high level of interaction... Learn more
New Study Abroad Program in Rome for Winter 2019!
Italian Studies Rome: From Empire to Present Day - Language, Culture, and Society in Italy is a new program sponsored by the French and Italian Studies department designed for aRead more
News & Events
- Louisa Mackenzie, "Don’t Panic: The Unknowability of Early Modern Nature"
- Louisa Mackenzie, French Thinking About Animals
- Giuseppe Tassone, Un buon affare – Italian for Business
- Geoffrey Turnovsky, "Touched by an Author: Books and 'Intensive' Reading in the Late Eighteenth Century"
- Giuseppe Leporace, Hospital Series: Amelia Rosselli
- French Thinking About Animals, edited by Louisa Mackenzie and Stephanie Posthumus.