Prof. Sbragia arrived at the University of Washington in 1989. He is an Associate Professor of Italian Studies, member of the Cinema Studies program in the Department of Comparative Literature, and a faculty member of the European Studies program. His publications include a book, Carlo Emilio Gadda and the Modern Macaronic (University Press of Florida, 1996), and publications on 19th Century and 20th Century Italian literature and culture. His current research project is entitled "Modernity in Rome" and deals with urbanistic, literary, and visual constructions of the Italian capital from 1870 to the present. He also teaches in the Italian Studies program at the UW Center in Rome.
- "Svolte oniriche nel cinema d'autore dei primi anni sessanta. I casi di Pier Paolo Pasolini e Federico Fellini." In De Roma a Santiago: Caminos de la historia, legado cultural. Eds. María Montes Lopez and Jesús Varela Zapata. Lugo: Axac, 2010. 119-127.
- "Lessons of the Qotidian: The Poetry of Marco De Gemmis." Italian Poetry Review, Vo. 5, 2010. 43-46.
- "Giuseppe Gadda." 2,500 word entry to A Pocket Gadda Encyclopedia, The Edinburgh Journal of Gadda Studies: www.arts.edu.ac.uk/italian/gadda. (Forthcoming)
- Review of Hava Aldouby's Federico Fellini: Painting in Film, Painting on Film. Quaderni d' Italianistica, forthcoming.
- "Fellini and the Auteurists," submitted to Italica.
Summer 2016 Full-term
Summer 2015 Full-term
Summer 2014 Full-term
Summer 2013 Full-term
- For the Love of Rome - September 3, 2020
- French Alumna Lianna Gaudry accepted to the Teaching Assistant Program in France - June 28, 2019
- Congratulations, 2016 FIS Graduates! - June 10, 2016
- Rome's Birthday Party a Big Hit! - April 22, 2016