Italian Studies Major Requirements (as of Autumn 2018)
For a Major in Italian Studies, a minimum of fifty-five (55) credits of coursework (or equivalent) are required. A minimum grade of 2.0 is required in order for a course to be applied towards the Italian major.
- Italian Major Requirements, effective Autumn 2015
- Italian Studies major requirements (for those who declare the Italian major after the start of spring quarter 2006) (PDF)
- Italian Studies major requirements (for those who declared the Italian major prior to spring quarter 2006) (PDF)
- Core: 20 credits from ITAL 203, ITAL 301, ITAL 302, ITAL 304
- Two courses at the ITAL 350-level
- Electives: 25 credits above ITAL 203. from an approved list of electives. See adviser for approved list (excludes ITAL 127, 199, 227, and 299, and 327)
- Must include 5 credits at the ITAL 400-level. Transfer credits at the 400 level only accepted by petition
- Minimum 15 credits in courses above ITAL 303 taught in Italian
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA for courses applied to the major
- Maximum 15 credits of approved study-abroad coursework may be petitioned to apply to the major
- ITAL 301 and ITAL 302 must be taken sequentially
- The prerequisites for 300-level and 400 level courses beyond 302 vary (some require 203, others require 302, for example). Please check the course catalog or with the instructor to see the prerequisite for a particular course.